Turn the Other Cheek Christian

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek turn to him the other side also.  Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 38-39.

When frustrated with someone who has been rude or insensitive to me, it’s really easy for me to say something back, displaying less than Christian behavior.  I may not say something rude, but if I pull an attitude, harboring hatred or resentment toward that person, I haven’t genuinely turned the other cheek.  It’s important for me to remember to turn my feelings over to God when these occasions arise. I want to be more of a Turn the Other Cheek Christian and pray that Christ continues to guide me in this.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.