An Ungracious Christian

1 Peter 2: 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious

 This passage talks about Jesus being gracious, but am I gracious? I remember sitting in a dentist's office a couple of years ago and a grandmother was talking with her grand-daughter. The girl was complaining that her teacher had made an error in grading her paper and the grandmother asked her if she was gracious. The girl continued to tell her about the teacher's mistake, but the grandmother again asked her if she was gracious. This gave me a new perspective on grace...not just my focus on being forgiven for ALL of my wrong doings, but forgiving others when they err against us! See what you can learn in a dentist's office! Christ has lessons for us everywhere!

Actually, this passage is saying even more. It's saying that because we've tasted Christ's graciousness through His death and resurrection for us, we are drawn to the Word of God so that we can grow in grace, as well. Am I doing that? To be honest, yes and no. I read the Bible daily and I try to focus on all Christ has done in my life, but I don't focus so much about how Christ wants me to be gracious to others when they do wrong.

Instead, I've gotten caught up in anger or resentment and wanted to eat the doorknobs off, rather than turn those sinful emotions over to Christ's very capable hands. I no longer want to be an Ungracious Christian and want to be more focused on being a better example of all Christ does for me! 1 Peter 2: 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.