Gossiping Christian

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

I've been in situations where friends were sharing derogatory private information about others. I guess if I'm really being honest, there have been times in my life where I indulged in The Gossip Factor, as well. 

The thing is, when I'm around others who are gossiping or I indulge in this vice as well, I don't feel good about myself and my faith walk with Christ. I had to make a change. I could no longer be a part of a group saying how some other person looked to big to fit into the outfit that they were wearing. I could no longer be a part of a group saying how the other person made unethical personal choices. I could no longer be a part of a group that put others down to make themselves feel better.

Even if I don't have a group of friends crowded around me, I find that I sleep much better at night, feel closer to my Lord and Savior, and can look these people in the face when I'm not a Gossiping Christian. A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.