Christian Focused on Christ

For the Son of Man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? if a man have a hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray. And if so be that he find it, verily, I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so, it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:11-14

I am so thankful for God's forgiving grace! I loved Christ since my friend first took me to church with with her when I was in primary school. Even though I loved Christ, I was still lost. Maybe I wasn't totally lost, but I was lost, none the less!

When Christ started showing me how lost I was, I found that I had been turning to food to comfort me in times of stress, joy, fear, boredom, etc. Christ showed me that I had made food a false god in my life, because I was turning to food in these and other situations instead of turning to Him.

That was a real eye-opener and I didn't want to believe it, but God always sees the BIG Picture. He knew what I was doing even when I was oblivious to it and thought I was a Christian Focused on Christ. For the Son of Man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? if a man have a hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray. And if so be that he find it, verily, I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so, it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:11-14

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.