Skeptical Christians

And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified.  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.  He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.  If any man serve Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there shall also My servant be: if any man serve Me, him will My Father honour.  Now is My soul troubled; and what shall I say?  Father, save Me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.  Father, glorify Thy Name.  Then came there a Voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified It, and will glorify It again.  The people therefore, that stood by, and heard It said that It thundered: others said, An angel spake to Him.  Jesus answered and said, This Voice came not because of Me, but for your sakes.  John, Chapter 12, verses 23-30.

I love the way Jesus made the comparison between His life and a kernel of wheat that dies, but through its death brings forth much fruit.  Jesus was willing to give up His life for us so that we could be forgiven from our sins.  Yet, we are often Skeptical Christians which seems awfully ungrateful after all Jesus has done for us.  Jesus goes on to say that those who are willing to give their lives for Him will have eternal life.  Are we willing to give our worldly lives over to God and become examples of how Jesus works in us?  That’s what it takes!
Here is a related passage:
*He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.  Matthew, Chapter 10, verse 39.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.