Weak Christian!

Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

I’m only five pounds from my goal weight. You would think that I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize that, wouldn’t you? Well, obviously, that’s not the case. I guess I’m just weak, weak, weak!

I was at a holiday luncheon. I had eaten enough to feel satisfied of all the foods that are healthy for me, but was that enough? No! I overheard someone else say that the carrot cake was wonderful. I don’t usually eat cake and other sweets because I’m hypoglycemic and refined sugars make me cranky.

Did that knowledge stop me? No! I went ahead and ate the cake. About a third of the way through the carrot cake, I realized that the person who made the comment didn’t really know good carrot cake, because I felt that this was mediocre carrot cake, at best. Did that stop me? No! I went ahead and ate the whole thing knowing it wasn’t even that fantastic.

Fortunately for me, Jesus gave His life for Weak Christians like me and loves me the way I am and moves me to be better than I am. Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak. Mark 14:38

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.