So-Called Out of Context Christians

Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.  Proverbs, Chapter 23:9

Sometimes we waste our time trying to explain our beliefs to people who just like to be contrary.  They could argue with us all day, on any issue.  We are just wasting our breath on people like this.  They aren’t going to be open to any of the things we have to tell them about our love for Jesus.
There are people from a particular religion that comes to my door to talk about God, but they don’t believe that Jesus is our Savior.  I could stand there all day and talk to them about how the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ is Savior of all, but they won’t be open to listening.  As a Christian, it’s better for me not to debate my religion with people like that.
For one reason, these people may be more persuasive than we are and we may get confused.  That happened to me one time.  People from this religion were able to quote Bible verses to support the things they were saying, and I started wondering if they were right and I had misinterpreted things.

Later, I got my Bible and read the whole chapter that they had pulled these verses from.  That helped me realize that the verses they mentioned were really talking about a totally different issue.  Those adults pulled verses from the Bible out of context, making them sound like they supported their argument.  If I could get confused by So-Called Out of Context Christians, although trying to defend my beliefs, then it could possibly happen to you.  It’s easier to not get into a debate in the first place.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.