Shallow Christian

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

When I read this, I realize that I am often more afraid of what others think than what God thinks. Oh my! I hate to say this, but I have worried more about what others thought of me being overweight than what God thought of me turning to food instead of to Him in times of stress, etc.

I hate to say this, but I have worried more about what others thought of me sharing my faith than sharing what God thinks I should. Why do I do these things? Why do I let the fear of what other people think control my actions? I wish I knew the answer or maybe I already do. It's that I want to be liked by others and included, so I avoid anything that might have the opposite outcome. 

What does that say about my priorities? I feel like God is of utmost importance in my life. Without Him, my life is meaningless, but I don't live my daily life accordingly. I am a Shallow Christian  who tries to please others instead of trying to please my Lord and Savior. I want God's forgiveness and need His guidance in bringing me to be more aligned with His will for me. The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.