Self-Serving Christian

Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, And shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Matthew 20:18-19

What a Self-Serving Christian I am! I read this passage and think of how selfless that Jesus was. He knew in advance that he would be tried, spit upon, hit, mocked, crucified on a cross, die, and be buried. He went through all of that so that He rise again on the third day to save us all from our sins.

When I think about all of that, I am hard pressed to determine that I would go through with it all for others, especially for those who would spit on me, hit me and taunt me the way they did to our Lord and Savior. He didn't let that stop Him, though.

I pray that I am a better example of how Christ works in my life, that I am more open to sharing my faith with others regardless of what they might think of me or how they might treat me. Jesus didn't let things like that hold Him back, why do I? I feel so ashamed that I let these concerns interfere with being the person that Christ wants me to be.  Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death, And shall deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify Him: and the third day He shall rise again. Matthew 20:18-19

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.