Envying Christian

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.  Galatians, Chapter 5, verses 25-26.

In high school, I remember running for Sophomore Secretary.  (I always remember how to spell secretary, because I spelled it incorrectly on every banner I displayed throughout the school.)  My opponent was also a member of the Drill Team.  I had tried out for the Drill Team but wasn't selected.
My envy of my opponent led me to tell others that she really didn't deserve the Sophomore Secretary position that I coveted.  I told them that her other obligations were too time consuming for her to do a good job for the Sophomore Class.
As an Envying Christian, it was a very humbling experience for me when she won the election for Sophomore Secretary.  I hate to think of how spiteful I had been, because I let that position become too important in my life.  I definitely wasn't being a very good example to others.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.