Compromising Christian

Better is the poor that walketh in his uprighteness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6

I was thinking when I just read this that I could also say that Better is someone who is heavy, overweight, fat, plump or any other name you want to call it, than is s/he that is thin, but leads a worldly life away from God's will.

This gives me a whole new perspective. Sometimes, I have gotten caught up wanting to be thin and to be a part of that elusive group of people that I don't belong to. It's not any specific group, but it's part of that bigger perception of always being left out, not feeling included. Do I let that feeling pervade my life where I am willing to compromise my Christian ethics just to belong? 

There's a time I might have. I'm hoping that I now find that doing God's will in my life is much more meaningful than giving up my salvation by being a Compromising Christian, caught up in chasing a worldly life style. Better is the poor that walketh in his uprighteness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.