Sinking Christian

This Bible passage is when Jesus walked on the water to meet the boat with the disciples on it.
But straight way Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.  And Peter answered Him and said, Lord, if it be Thou, bid me come unto Thee on the water.  And He said, Come.  And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.  And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?  And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.  Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped Him, saying Of a Truth Thou art the Son of God.  Matthew, Chapter 14, verses 27-33.

After God allowed me to experience the miracle of losing 80+ pounds of excess weight, my church was having a garage sale.  I looked at my big clothes and thought I probably should keep them in case I gained all the weight back.  The thought was in my head that I didn’t trust God to take care of me.  I was virtually saying, “God I’m going to keep these big clothes just in case you don’t continue to take care of my weight problem.”  This realization made a major difference in my life.  I decided to get rid of the big clothes immediately.  I definitely don’t want to be a Sinking Christian just like Peter did when He wasn’t trusting Jesus to take care of him.

Here is a related passage:
*And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove, and nothing shall be impossible to you.  Matthew, Chapter 17, verse 20.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.