Easily Influenced Christians

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.  Proverbs, Chapter 13, verse 20.
Well, I have sadly noticed something over my years as a teacher.  I have often placed a student who was a good role model next to a disruptive student.  I thought the positive role model’s example would rub off on the disruptive student.  Almost every time, I found the exact opposite to be true.  It seems the role model student almost always starts taking on some of the characteristics of the disruptive student, not the other way around.

I think that this often applies to Christians, as well.  I think we often take on the traits of the people we hang around.  If we associate with people who live their lives focused on God, we are more apt to live in a similar manner.  If we as Easily Influenced Christians hang around people who have worldly values and make lifestyle choices that don’t reflect their love for God, then we are more apt to live our lives in a like manner.  It boils down to who you think God would want influencing your life.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.