Hoarding Christian

He [God] doth  execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. Deuteronomy 10:18

If God goes to such great lengths to protect the fatherless, widows, and strangers of this world, you would think that I would be a little more willing to part with some of the food I have. But this is food we are talking about. FOOD! Sharing food doesn't always come easy to me.

Sure, I do my token thing with going through the food items I have, seeing which things we aren't using and donate those, but am I really sharing food the way that God would want? I think I've become an Hoarding Christian only sharing with others out of the excesses, not out of my need.

It's like when Jesus drew his disciples attention to the widow who gave two mites which were her whole living. These were much more significant than the rich people who were giving large sums of money out of their excess. I'm trying to be more mindful of this with financial donations, but am I hoarding food and only giving others what I don't want? I need to apply this Bible verse to all aspects of my giving, not just monetarily. He [God] doth  execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. Deuteronomy 10:18


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.