Harboring Resentments Christian

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.  Matthew, Chapter 6, verses 14-15.

Every time I pray, I ask God to forgive all of my sins, but do I do the same?  I find myself harboring resentment towards others instead of letting it go.  I find that if I hold onto hatred, anger or resentment, which eats at me, I’m not the example that God wants me to be in my everyday life.  Instead of being a Harboring Resentments ChristianI can set a better Christian example by forgiving others, letting God take the resentment away when I ask Him.  One of the best ways I have to let my “light shine” for God is by being an example of how He works in my life.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.