Stumbling in the Dark Christian

Arise, lift up the lad and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation. And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink. Genesis 21:18-19

When Sarah had delivered Isaac, she sent her servant, Hagar and her son, Ishmael, away. (It's my opinion that Hagar was a constant reminder of the child that Abraham and she had earlier before Sarah was able to conceive.)

Anyway, this passage tugged on my heart when I recently read it. Hagar was ready to give up and figured they were going to die in the barren desert alone, but she wasn't alone. I was thinking about how the well of water was there all the time, but Hagar couldn't see it until God opened her eyes.

Sometimes, I'm a Stumbling in the Dark Christian. There have been times when I've been overwhelmed by situations and felt so alone, and ate to console myself. Then, God opened my eyes, for me to see that He was right there taking care of me and my loved ones. I just needed to put our lives in God's capable hands instead of turning to food or other vices. Arise, lift up the lad and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation. And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink. Genesis 21:18-19

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.