Growing in Christ Christians

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their Word; That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that Thou has sent Me, And the glory which Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are One.  John, Chapter 17, verses 20-22.

I have been trying to go back through my feeble brain to remember what this reminds me of.  Well, I have finally figured it out.  There is a portion of my daily prayer which is, “Dear God, please dwell with us and in us now and always, and please have us dwell with You and in You now and always.”  That’s what it reminds me of!
The significance of this prayer is that our relationship with God is of no importance if it’s only one-sided.  We can ask God to dwell with us and in us, but if we choose not to act on that, we are lost.  If we dwell with Him and in Him, as well, we are united and open to the opportunity of becoming Growing in Christ Christians.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.