Vindicated Christian

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Do I really need to be a Vindicated Christian? There was a time where I was in the midst of my compulsive overeating that I thought it was important. I thought that I would prove all those skinny snobs wrong when I'm finally thin. I will show them that I am somebody special and that I really didn't really need their friendship any more.

In some ways, that was right. Christ taught me that when I started turning to Him in times of stress instead of to food, that I was worthwhile and I didn't have to belong to particular groups to have self-worth. I didn't have to be thin to have self-worth. I didn't have to wear certain clothes to have self-worth. God gave me that self-worth freely, when I started turning my life, my eating, and problems over to His very capable hands.

 I learned that I don't have to stay clear of people who are skinny. God gives me a whole other perspective on those I choose as friends. He showed me that I should choose friends because they were worthwhile and they support me, as a person. They need to be supportive of my relationship with Christ and have a mutual relationship with Him, as well. I am no longer dependent on others to determine what type of person I am or whether I am worthwhile. Christ does this!  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.