Communion Christian

And when the hour was come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him.  And He said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.  And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.  And He took Bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is My Body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of Me.  Likewise also the Cup after supper, saying, This Cup is the New Testament in My Blood which is shed for you.  Luke, Chapter 22, verses 14-20.

These words are very significant to me each time I prepare to have Communion.  They remind me of how Jesus knew what was going to happen to Him and He still went through it anyway…for me.  He gave His life for me, even though I get self-righteous at times and puff up my ego…For me, even though I can get cranky with my family, especially when my blood sugar is low…For me, even though I look at the angles to see how I can keep more of the money I think I deserve rather than giving it to Uncle Sam…For me, even though I have a difficult time giving up control and trusting God to take care of me…For me, even though I have some hateful, jealous thoughts in my mind, at times.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  As a Communion Christian, I’m a very sinful human being and Jesus gave His life for me…and He gave it for you, too!

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.