Follow the Tail Lights Christians

Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. Proverbs 4:26-27

When I just read this passage, I thought about how I drive behind trucks in the fog when I can't see. I follow their tail lights faithfully in hopes that they know where they are going. Well, I just got to thinking about whether other people follow the path of my feet in the same way that I followed the trucks. Am I sure that I'm not making choices that lead me to the right hand nor to the left, where others might make similar poor choices?

Well, for other Follow the Tail Lights Christians, I don't know if I can totally answer this question, but will prayerfully work through this trying to be open to the message that Christ has for me in this....Hmmmm.... I'm curious to see where this leads.

I hope that when I share with you that God has taken the urge to eat large amounts of food and sweets away from me, that I give God the total credit for it. I have not accomplished this through anything of myself. It didn't happen until one day when I gave up on ever being thin and told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. The amazing thing is, that very same day is when God took those urges away from me.

Do I continue to model this turning my food and stress over into God's very capable hands? Probably not, but hope that when I share the many times I become vulnerable to food again, it's an indicator that I'm usually feeling stressed, overwhelmed, etc. and need to turn these over to God. Once I do, the craving for these foods goes away. In fact, it's kind of like God's given me this warning alarm.  When I start grabbing something crunchy or start to eat a half bag of something like tortilla chips, it's and indicator that I'm turn to food as a false god again instead of turning to my Lord and Savior to save me from myself and the stress that eats at me. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. Proverbs 4:26-27


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.