Double Standard Christian

Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself?  thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?  Romans, Chapter 2, verse 21.

Actually, there is more that goes with this passage.  I just took out the part that relates to me.  When I was in high school, I was visiting a church one time with my mother.  The sermon was especially interesting.  It talked about a parent who was called to the Police Station because their child had gotten arrested for stealing some pens from a local store.  The thing the parent said to the child was, “Why would you steal pens when I can get all the pens you want from my work?”
Some of us may be Double Standard Christians just like this parent did.  Sometimes we are examples of negative things without really realizing what we’re doing.  When we are being examples of how God works in our lives, we need to make sure all our actions and words glorify Him.  We have to realize that we are giving others a message whether it’s taking things from work or laughing at jokes that put down people who are different than we are.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.