Gossiping Christian

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.  Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the Light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.  And I say unto you My friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.  Luke, Chapter 12, verses 2-4.

I think Jesus was probably talking about the people who were plotting against Him.  Those who said all these hateful things about Him in private thought it was private, but God knows all.
I’m not totally sure of God’s message in this one.  What I think about when I read this passage is more directed to me, personally.  It feels like God is saying to me, “You know you profess to be such a good Christian, don’t you?  But I see when you are gossiping with others and saying less than kind things.  You know your actions are supposed to be an example of your faith in Me.  You think those things you say in secret are really secret, but I know everything!  As a Gossiping Christian, you ought to think about whether this is really what you want Me to hear coming out of your mouth.  Think about it, Debbie, because I care about you.”

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.