Discreet Christian

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.  Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.  Matthew, Chapter 6, verses 5-6.

God wants me to be discreet when I pray, as well.  I shouldn’t do it in a way that attracts other people’s attention, especially when to do so might put me in the position to gain the respect or admiration of others.  My prayers aren’t for personal gain but are my personal communication with God. Being a Discreet Christian isn't always as easy as it seems. This means I have to be intentional about doing things in ways that don't directly identify what I've done on God's behalf. Since I've started trying to do this, it's much more spiritually rewarding than all the attention I used to get, because it makes me much more focused on God's will in my life.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.