Hissy Fit Christians

If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.  Jeremiah, Chapter 18, verse 8.

I remember staying at my aunt’s house for a couple of weeks during the summer.  We had wonderful fun watching the “Soaps,” eating fried egg sandwiches and just spending time together.  The girl next door had an above ground pool.  I had been envious of her since I had gotten there.  At the end of my vacation at my aunt’s, the neighbor invited me over for a pool party.  I wasn’t allowed to go so I ranted and raved around the house, having a “royal hissy fit” because I didn’t get my way.
My aunt had been there supporting me all along like God supports us.  Then the minute I didn’t get everything I wanted, I had a fit and acted like everything wonderful didn’t matter anymore.  I’m sure she must have been hurt by my ungrateful behavior, the same as God is hurt from Hissy Fit Christians.

Once I calmed down and realized how unreasonable I was, I apologized and my aunt forgave me, much in the same way that God forgives us, even when we have behaved hatefully.  My aunt’s forgiving nature, not harboring resentments, allowed us to enjoy our last days of my vacation, creating fond memories to last a lifetime.  Fortunately, God doesn’t keep a tally sheet of all our shortcomings because Jesus wiped it clean.  He doesn’t harbor resentments for our sinful deeds.  What an awe inspiring and wonderful God!

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.