Thankful Christian

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5: 19-20

Do I really give thanks for the sags an bags and floppy skin the way I say I do, now that I've lost the weight? I really didn't appreciate them as much as I should have in the beginning. They were just one more tell-tale indicator that I used to be fat and had out-of-control eating. 

Now, I feel I am a more Thankful Christian, appreciating these bodily imperfections as a sign of the miracles that Christ has done in my life. They are a lasting reminder that I don't want to go back to that crazy life style where food became a false god in my life, because I turned to it in times of stress instead of to my Lord and Savior.

Now, my life runs so much more smoothly, because I'm putting my life, food, and concerns into God's very capable hands. I realize that I may have never developed the close relationship with my Savior that I do now, if I hadn't gone through all the compulsive eating, bazillion diets, etc. before realizing that Jesus can heal my aching soul, if I only let Him. I am so truly blessed! Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5: 19-20


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.