Moral Support Christians

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  2 Peter, Chapter 3, verse 8.

I think this passage is important for us to remember when we read Bible passages that refer to specific amounts of time, so that we don’t take the dates too literally.
This makes me think about how insignificant time can be.  When I was younger, I used to spend some time in the summers with my grandmother.  The weeks with her sped by so quickly that before I knew it, I was leaving to return home.  She approached everything with enthusiasm, whether it was trying to figure out answers on game shows or reading.
She had a zest for everything she did and her enthusiasm was contagious.  She is the person who developed my love for reading.  She read thick novels and when I was about 8 years old I told her that I wished I could read big books like she did.  She told me that I could and took me to the public library.  She helped me pick out a humorous adult novel that would interest me.  I took great pride in reading that novel, encouraged by her confidence in my abilities.  I’m not sure that I would have attempted something like that, otherwise.

Well, I think the same is true for Christians.  Our enthusiasm for our relationship with God can be contagious, as well.  As Moral Support Christians, we can share this with others with confidence in their ability to be open to all God has for them.  Our moral support and encouragement can make all the difference in their developing this important relationship that might not have happened otherwise.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.