Aging Christians

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.  Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.  1 Peter, Chapter 5, verses 5-7.

I remember becoming frustrated with people who were older who gave me common sense advice.  I thought that they must think I’m stupid.
Later, God showed me that I needed to listen respectfully to the advice of my elders.  It didn’t hurt me to listen, even though I already knew what they were telling me.  It made them feel better, because they were passing on some insight that they felt would be helpful to me.  I now realize that they do this out of love.

When I’m older, I sure wouldn’t want younger people treating me as if my advice didn’t matter.  I think this passage is important to remember.  If we aren’t good role models to the younger generation about being respectful to our elders, how will they know to be respectful to us Aging Christians when we’re older?

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.