Two-fer Christian

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

When I first read this verse, I immediately think about the positive personal impact on me. I want to be healed from vices like overeating, failure to turn to Christ in all things, and for physical healing or relationships that need to be healed, etc. That's my very worldly I-Me Focus on the benefits for me.

This time, when I read it, I realized there are the benefits for others who are praying for healing for our needs, as well. It may help them better relate to the needs in their own lives, some similar and some distinctly different. I was reminded that one of the reasons that I think that people have related to the Christian Overeaters Past and Present and other blogs is because Jesus uses my many shortcomings to impact the lives of others. I think, although I can't totally know, that some are able to relate to the many things, some that seem virtually insignificant, that may work a wedge in our relationship with Christ. 

I like the idea of being a Two-fer Christian, so my prayers and being prayed for are helping others besides just myself. So, for what ever the reason, we are to: Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.