Going Through the Motions Christian

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  Matthew, Chapter 6, verse 7.

I get caught up in thinking that I’m saying these wonderful prayers, but I recognize that they don’t mean anything if I’m daydreaming about situations at work or what I need to get at the store.  I realize that when I say the same prayers over and over without thinking about what I’m saying to God, they ARE vain repetitions!  God doesn’t want Going Through the Motions Christians when we pray.  He wants any communication we have with Him to be meaningful enough to focus on it. 

Here is a related passage:
*This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me.  But in vain they do worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.  Matthew, Chapter 15, verses 8-9.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.