Grateful Christian

And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. Luke 12:29-30

In recent posts I told you how I turned to food which was a false god, to heal my aching soul. I shared how I used to spend months filled with fretting over finances to make sure we could pay our bills and have enough food for the family. I shared how I hoarded food, as well. Christ showed me that all I need to do is to turn to Him in all things and He will provide for us, but am I grateful?

I get caught up in my daily life and do I thank the Lord that I live in a country with freedoms that others don’t have? I get caught up in my daily life and do I thank the Lord for plenty of food to meet our needs and then some when there are others who hunger? I get caught up in my daily life and do I thank the Lord for healing my self-esteem when there are others who feel unloved?  I get caught up in my daily life and do I thank the Lord for allowing me the opportunity to share my shortcoming with you?

I need to be much more Grateful Christian for all God does for me each and every day. I am truly blessed! Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24 


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.