Blind Christians II

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Matthew 15:14

This passage comes at the tail end of a very significant time for me, as a blogger. About 6+ months ago, it weighed on my heart that my blog, as well as those by other bloggers, were asking people to Follow them. Around that same time, it was also on my heart that Christian bloggers should be leading others to Follow Christ, not them.

Well, after being prayerful about all these things on my heart, I changed all four of my blogs to tell readers that they shouldn’t follow me, they should Follow Jesus. I explain that that they can subscribe to my posts if they feel that the posts help them have a closer walk with God.

With that said, be mindful of who you are following. There are Christian leaders, often in the public eye, like on TV, the internet, etc. who draw so much attention to themselves and sending money to them that they may actually be leading others astray. This always reminds me of Jim Jones. See the following link to a blog post I’ve previously written on this matter. Misled By Others Who Profess to Be Followers of God We don’t want to be Blind Christians letting others lead us astray. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Matthew 15:14

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.