Stubborn Christians

He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.  Proverbs, Chapter 15, verse 32.


When I was a child, my father noticed that I scuffled my feet as I walked.  He knew it was a counterproductive trait, so he had me practice walking with an appropriate gait.  Being stubborn, I deliberately went back to scuffling my feet.  Now that I am older and have recently broken my ankle, I wish I hadn’t been such a stubborn child.  It would have been nice if I had listened to my father’s advice which would have saved me a lot of discomfort.  We Stubborn Christians have the same options in our relationship with our Heavenly Father.  To listen, or not to listen, that is the question?  (Forgive me for misquoting Shakespeare.)

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.