Nest Egg Christians

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  Matthew, Chapter 6, verses 19-21.

I think my faith in Jesus is like a savings account, but the bank isn’t here on earth, it’s in heaven.  My belief in Jesus is the minimum investment a Christian has to make to get this special savings account.  This investment can lie there dormant, with no additional deposits made and eventually be put in the inactive file.  Or I can make deposits by the things I do as an example of how Jesus works in my life.
Now, thieves can steal the money from banks on earth, but the only one who will take away the “money” from my heavenly account is me, by leading a worldly life that leads me astray.  If I’m planning on having a good “nest egg” built up in my Salvation account, then I should be more focused on leading a Christian life, and being a Nest Egg Christian reflecting this goal.

Here is a related passage:
*Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.  Matthew, Chapter 13, verses 44-46.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.