Ungrateful Christian

Now therefore thus saith the Lord of Hosts; Consider your ways.  Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.  Thus saith the Lord of Hosts; Consider your ways.  Haggai, Chapter 1, verses 5-7.

This passage makes me think of times when anything I have doesn’t seem like enough.  I have food, but I wish I had better food.  I have clothes, but I wish I had better clothes.  I have friends, but I wish I had “status” friends.  I have a job, but I wish I had a “high level job”.  I have money, but I wish I had more money.

Am I ever grateful for what I have?  I sure wouldn’t want God saying, “Debbie is so ungrateful for all I’ve given her.  If she thinks things are tough now, wait until she sees tough.  I’m wasting my efforts here.  I’ll spend My time helping some other Christian who appreciates what I do more than she does!”  As an Ungrateful Christian more times that I'd like to admit, this is something for me to think about, what about you?

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.