Clean House Christian

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.  Matthew, Chapter 5, verses 27-28.

This makes me think of when I am attracted to particular male movie stars and have thought inappropriate things that only God knows about.  He also knows all the times that I think mean, hateful things about other people.  Of course, no one else knows these things except for God and me, but I just stuff them under my spiritual rug like someone who can’t find a dustpan.  God sees what I think and what’s under my rug, so I need to start “cleaning house” soon if I want to be a Clean House Christian!

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.