Monkey See, Monkey Do Christian

Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard. Proverbs 21:13

It's easy to think that we know what Christ wants us to do on His behalf and head off in our own direction. I've tried that more times than I would like to admit. I have to remember that I need to be a Monkey See, Monkey Do Christian, following the positive examples shared in the Bible.

Reading the Bible on a daily basis has changed my life on so many levels. One way is that I know what has really been said in the Bible and what hasn't. You wouldn't believe how many people misquote the Bible, sometimes deliberately, to support whatever they are trying to convince a person of. Reading the Bible has given me a sense of calm, turning to the Lord in times of stress instead of to food the way I had in the past. Reading the Bible daily gives me this sense of peace that no matter what happens in my life, I know Christ will get me through it. 

Reading the negative outcomes in the Bible of those who went off on their own and didn't stay center on God's will for us, has helped me pay more attention to the positive examples of followers in the Bible. The more I read the Bible, the more I am reminded that I need to be a better example of my faith in all areas of my life. I don't want to be ignoring the needs of others like this Bible verse and be only focused on my own. Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard. Proverbs 21:13

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.