Check These Things Out Christian

For God, who commanded the Light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  But we have this Treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 2 Corinthians, Chapter 4, verses 6-7.

This is another one of the Bible passages that confirms my focus on God rather than us: “willing” things, using the “power of positive thinking”, “using the god power within me” or “visualizing” things the way you want them to be.  It’s not just someone’s opinion or someone’s philosophy.  God tells us in this passage and throughout the Bible that He wants us to focus on Him.
I think it’s important for you to know that I’m not just giving my opinion, because there is a religious basis for my belief related to passages in the Bible.  It’s very important as a Christian, to check things out.  A lot of different religious beliefs sound really good or plausible.  Some have isolated passages from the Bible to support them.  That’s using the Bible out of context.  I doubt if all who do this mean to be deceitful, but concepts and beliefs out of alignment with the Bible may possibly be leading people astray, no matter how plausible the belief sounds.  Remember to be a Check These Things Out Christian.  It’s YOUR Salvation that’s in question!

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.