An About Face Christian

When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them: for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. Ezekiel 18:26-28

We were in the middle of the church service the other day when several people came in. First, I thought:they are late! Seconds afterward, Christ tugged on my heart and let me know what a terribly narrow thought that was. These people knew they were late, but they could have said, "There's no way we can ever make it to church on time. Let's just stay in bed longer and lounge around the house." These people didn't do that. They came knowing that it would be obvious to others that they were late and they came any way!

What mattered to them was spending their time with their Lord and Savior who guides and refreshes us in our daily lives. I had to immediately do an about face! Christ had opened my heart to have a new appreciation for these people who took the risk to come in during the middle of service to be near their Lord. I want to continue to be an About Face Christian letting Christ turn me away from judgmental thoughts and be more open, understanding, and welcoming to others. Christ healed me of my many vices such as compulsively overeating, turning to food in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to Him. If He can do all that and more, He can heal me of being judgmental if I let Him. When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them: for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. Ezekiel 18:26-28

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.