Too Much Stuff Christian

So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple.  Luke, Chapter 14, verse 33.

I spent all day yesterday packing up my classroom.  My husband has taken a job in a state that we had previously lived in.  I thought it would only take a few hours to finish packing, but it was 7:00 p.m. when my husband and I finally pulled away from the school.
I was amazed because I had given so many teaching resources away during the year and still had so much stuff.  One of the teachers came by and made a comment about how I should get rid of all the stuff.  I was appalled with the idea.  I couldn’t get rid of all my stuff.  It was important to me!
As a Too Much Stuff Christian, the stuff in my life becomes too important and gets in the way of my relationship with God.  I would hate for Jesus to tell me that I couldn’t come to heaven to be with Him because my stuff had become more important than He was.
I had to come back and add this to what I had written this morning.  My husband came home and I was preparing to paint the bathroom before we put our house on the market.  I said something about taking all my paint to our new house so I can try my hand at sponge painting the next house we buy.  He said it would take too much room and we can get more paint after we move.  I got upset with him for even thinking of getting rid of it.  Then I realized that I hadn’t learned very much from writing about this earlier.  I was still having a hard time letting go of stuff!
God had perfect timing by having me deal with this particular passage right now.  It wasn’t one week earlier or a month later.  It was the exact same day that I am having stuff withdrawal issues.  Isn’t it wonderful that God could time this so precisely?  He knows as well as I do, I really need to continue to work on this one!!!!!
Here are some related passages:
*In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.  Remember Lot’s wife.  Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.  Luke, Chapter 17, verses 31-33.
*Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.  Matthew, Chapter 24, verses 17-18.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.