Turn to God Christian

And when even was now come, His disciples went down unto the sea, And entered into a ship, and went over the sea toward Capernaum.  And it was now dark, and Jesus was not come to them.  And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.  So when they had rowed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid.  But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.  Then they willingly received Him into the ship: and immediately the ship was at land whither they went.  John, Chapter 6, verses 16-21.

I recently talked with my daughter and told her that I say the Lord’s Prayer or sing I Surrender All, when I’m feeling scared, stressed or like Satan is trying to pervade my thoughts to lead me astray.  She told me that she says: Be Not Afraid when she is experiencing similar things.  So, this passage has special significance for me for that reason.
I was thinking about the influence we have on our children’s lifestyle choices and their relationship with God, through the modeling we do.  My daughter has picked up some similar strategies to connect with God when she is feeling stressed, concerned, etc.  It’s much better that she picks up positive strategies like this, than seeing me turn to alcohol or worse, as situations arise.  You don’t realize the impact you have on your children by the choices you make.  Are you making choices you want your children to emulate?  If not, it’s not too late to change the way you turn to God in time of need, joy, etc.  As a Turn to God Christian, it may have a positive impact on your child’s life, regardless of their age.
Here is a related passage:
*And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.  Acts, Chapter 2, verse 21.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my walk with Christ, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.